School Work

School Work

You are at school to learn, but that doesn’t mean that learning can’t be fun.  If you feel like your having a hard time or are struggling with your work have a look at some of the advice offered by the BBC below.  If none of this helps there is no need to suffer on your own.  Talk to your parents, form tutor or a member of the pastoral team (pastoral@brockington.leics.sch.uk) to see what help and guidance they can offer:

{ I’m doing really badly }

Everyone has problems with schoolwork sometimes. Try to keep things in perspective.  Getting one or two bad grades doesn’t mean you’ll fail your Assessments. Work out why it’s happening and how you can fix it.

{ I’m really stressed out by homework }

Homework can seem never-ending and you need to find ways of managing your time effectively. Study somewhere quiet away from the TV and other distractions and make sure you don’t leave it all to the last minute.

{ How can I motivate myself in subjects I hate? }

If you hate a subject you’ll probably never learn to love it. However, with a good range of qualifications you’ll stand out from the crowd when you apply for jobs and college so it’s worth doing your best in all your subjects.

There are lots of websites offering study support and you should ask your teachers for advice – they’re there to help you learn.

{ I’ve got problems at home }

If something at home or in your personal life is worrying you, it can distract you from your schoolwork. Talk about it to your family and friends or a teacher you trust. Alternatively, call ChildLine – they won’t judge you and won’t tell anyone about your call.

If you’ve missed classes for any reason, talk to your teacher about what you can do to catch up.